Tagged by @sassymrknightley
Rules: In a text post, list ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard - they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just ones that have touched you. Tag ten friends, including me, so I’ll see your list. Make sure you let your friends know you tagged them.
(I AM TERRIBLY LATE ON THIS I’M SORRY)
- A Ring of Endless Light - Madeleine L’Engle
- East of Eden - John Steinbeck
- Lord of the Rings trilogy - JRR Tolkein
- Midnight Magic - Avi (not really sure why this one stuck with me so much, but it did)
- The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgkin Burnett
- The Dark Is Rising Sequence - Susan Cooper
- Dealing with Dragons (and the other Enchanted Forest Chronicles) - Patricia C. Wrede
- Circle of Magic books - Tamora Pierce
- Hamlet - William Shakespeare
- I don’t remember what it’s called but there’s this romance novel by Nora Roberts that I read—probably around my freshman year of high school. It was about jewel thieves, and one of the characters ran away from an abusive home at the age of twelve. It made me really care about domestic/child abuse, and I decided right then and there that when I was financially secure, I’d adopt or at the very least foster an older child.
- (I know it’s only 10 but I can’t believe I forgot this one and I’m not taking any others off) Nancy Drew - Carolyn Keene
fetchmethatpitcher said: Once you get this you have to say 5 things you like about yourself publicly. and then send it to your five favorite followersOnce you get this you have to say 5 things you like about yourself publicly. and then send it to your five favorite followers.
Ah, hi! Today has not been a good day for liking myself, so this should be good for me haha. Let’s see…
- I like how kind I am. I might not always know what to say, but you can bet I will never be rude to a stranger, and if you seek me out I will generally do whatever I can to empathize and/or help you.
- I’m pretty good at learning things, and I’m interested in a wide variety of things.
- I like the way I dress. I think it suits my personality pretty well.
- I like my waist. I may not always like my weight, but I’m pretty happy with my proportions.
- I’m like, golden retriever levels of loyal. I think I’m kind of hard to get close to, but once we’re friends, I’ll do pretty much anything for you.
Wow, it’s been…a couple of months since I’ve really been on here? I’m really sorry; I didn’t mean to disappear- it just sort of…happened.
I should be on a bit more now, if not completely regularly, but there are quite a few of you I miss/would like to know what’s been going on with, and I never have been the best at keeping up with people on here.
If we’ve talked, or are in a mutual, I would love if you shared your Facebook/cell phone/whatever you are comfortable with, or asked me for mine! There are several of you I consider friends whom I have not talked to in months, and that’s just not okay (I’m sorry!)
My Shiny Teeth and Me. Driving back from Taos
I miss you beneaththeforest
I miss you too! Maybe I’ll come visit, now that I’m no longer gainfully employed. :D ?
Jane Austen (re)read - anyone up for a summer book club?
(it’s frauleindrosselmeyer btw)
I read all six novels in a summer when I was maybe 15 and have been wanting to do a reread ever since. Anyone up for an Austenfest?
At my reading speed I’m thinking of reading one book a week/fortnight (this is a very different type of book from Les Mis, don’t…
Yes! When would you want to start?